Monday, March 4, 2013

Hummus Melts ***

I found this recipe on Pinterest and have been dying to try it.  I'm such a spinach-holic.  I didn't have the stuff to make the included hummus recipe, so I just used the plain store-bought version.  I also didn't have any mozzarella, so I had to sub a colby-jack blend.  It would have been better with the mozzarella, but I really loved it.  So simple, and it really fills you up.  The hummus and the spinach go really well together too.  Definitely a keeper for an easy, quick, and healthy lunch!


 
HUMMUS MELTS
(Neverhomemaker.com via Pinterest)

4 whole wheat English muffins
Basic hummus (I used store-bought)
3-4 handfuls baby spinach
Olive oil
Garlic
Mozzarella cheese, shredded

1. Toast four whole wheat English muffins
2. Then make the basic hummus recipe (skip this step if using store-bought hummus).
3. Saute a little baby spinach in some olive oil and garlic. Three to four handfuls of spinach will do. Just remember, it'll cook down dramatically.
4. Turn on your broiler . . . and on a cookie sheet, lay out each English muffin and top with hummus. 5. Top each muffin with spinach and then a heap of shredded mozzarella.
6. Broil until brown and bubbly.
(This recipe makes enough for four open-faced sandwiches -- serves two hungry people).

No comments: