Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Low Fat Crockpot Apple Cake ****

Another Pinterest recipe, but this was delicious.  We all loved it.  The website lists it as being fat-free, but thanks to the addition of the eggs, it's not actually fat-free.  It's still pretty low fat, though.  We all loved it.  I used all white flour, since I had less whole wheat than I thought, and I think she must have used a smaller crockpot.  Mine only took a little over an hour in my big crock, so I think I'm going to double it next time.  Besides that, when it tastes that good, it tends not to last very long, lol.  I'll definitely be making this one a lot in the future!


LOW FAT CROCKPOT APPLE CAKE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ via FindingJoyInMyKitchen)

1 C flour (1/2 C wheat, 1/2 C white)
3/4 C brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 large apples, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla

In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Peel and slice your apples (I diced mine fairly small), and then coat with the flour mixture.
Mix the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl.
Pour the egg mixture over the floured apples. Pour/spoon into a greased crockpot (Batter will be thick).
Cover, and cook on high for about 2 hours.
Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments: