Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip ***

This tastes amazingly like Jalapeno Poppers!  Dh and I love to splurge on Poppers at Sonic occasionally, because we just love those things.  Goodness knows they're not very good for you though, lol.  With this one, I used light cream cheese and light mayo.  I haven't attempted it with the lowfat cheese yet, though.  I figure that it still has to be better than fast food in the long run.  I served it with pita chips, and I'll definitely keep doing that.  I think it would be good with bagel chips too, though.  I also added an extra 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, because I didn't want the mayo flavor to be too overpowering.


JALAPENO POPPER DIP
(Mommy2Serena ~ TheRecipeReview.com)

2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
1 4-ounce can diced jalapeno peppers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko breakcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, jalapenos, and shredded cheeses. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until smooth and evenly combined. Spread the mixture into a baking dish (approximately 9x9-inches).
In a second bowl, combine the Panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork until combined. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture in the baking dish. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is golden. Serve warm with baguette slices, vegetables, etc. as desired.

No comments: