Monday, February 2, 2015

No Name Cookies (Energy Bites) ****

We love these things!  I've been making them for a few years now, and they're always a huge hit with the kids.  The OP was a member on BabyCenter (this was back in 2008, I think), and she posted the recipe, saying that she could never think of a name for them.  Hence, the name "No Name Cookies," lol.

This time, I used natural peanut butter, and I couldn't tell any difference at all.  They're so easy to make, and I love that you can throw them into the freezer until you're ready to eat them.  That at least keeps me from eating them all in one sitting.  ;-)


NO NAME COOKIES (ENERGY BITES)
(ihave3cute1s ~ Emily)

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
3 cups of Old Fashion Oats
1/2 cups ground flax seed
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup of your favorite nuts (optional)

Mix peanut butter and honey until smooth.
Gradually mix in oats.  Add flax seed, chocolate chips, and nuts, and stir until well combined.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes then wet hands (so it does not stick to your hands) and roll into balls. You can serve or eat right then but this is what I did. I put them on a cookie sheet covered and put in the fridge over night. The next day put them in a bag and put in freezer. You can eat them frozen or pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
*Emily's notes: They are soooo yummy. My sisters kids take one for lunch. In the morning she puts one in a container and by lunch it is good and soft to eat. ENJOY

No comments: