Friday, August 27, 2010

Crockpot Chili Pork Chops **

This is another one that I had in my old files, but I had labeled it as one that we really liked.  It was good, but nothing special.  Definitely not as good as the Creole Pork Chops in Crockpot.  In my mind, they were very similar, but they're really not.  The sauce on this was good, but the meat was really dry.  Dh and I were talking, though, and we really think it would be better with a more tender side of meat.  A pork steak would probably be excellent in it.  Maybe I'll try it again, maybe I won't.  For now, this one's getting demoted to 2 stars.  Sorry, Charlie.  :)

Photo courtesy of Recipezaar

CROCKPOT CHILI PORK CHOPS
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

¾ cup chopped onions (I used minced)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves (I used minced)
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 ¼ cup water
1 ¼ cup ketchup
1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
8-10 pork chops, bone-in preferred (I used 10 boneless)
salt and pepper

Cook onions in oil until lightly brown.
Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, water, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
Cover and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
Arrange pork chops in crock pot, pour sauce over the chops.
Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
OP’s notes: I find that the longer you cook them, the more tender they are. I normally serve them with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. I put the sauce over the mashed potatoes (yummy!).

No comments: