Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cowboy Lasagna ***

This isn't anything all that special, but it was actually pretty good.  The kids kept asking why it was called Cowboy Lasagna, but I couldn't come up with a good answer for them.  It just is, lol.  I love anything with tater tots (as I've mentioned once or twice before - ha!), so that gave it a good shot from the beginning.  We all loved it, and I'll definitely make it again.  The only difference is that I'll probably use less cheese next time.  I think you could easily get by with just 2 cups.  The 4 cups makes it just a little bit too cheesy for me (and that's coming from a cheese lover).


COWBOY LASAGNA
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Peppermint Mocha Mama)

1 lb of ground beef
4 tbsp minced onions
Worcestershire sauce, generous sprinkling
3 tbsp parsley, divided
1 (10.75oz) can of tomato soup
1 (15.25oz) can of corn
3 tbsp dried ground mustard
1 (32oz) package of tater tots
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 cups mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef with spices - drain.  Add can of soup and can of corn, simmer for about 10 minutes.
In a greased 9x13 baking dish, arrange tater tots in single layer.  Cover with 2 cups of cheese.  Pour ground beef mixture over top and cover with remaining cheese and 1 tbsp of parsley.
Place in a 350F oven for 30 minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: