Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Crockpot Double Squash Casserole ****

We loved this so much!  I could seriously have eaten this and only this as my entire meal.  It was that good.  My youngest (10) actually asked for seconds of just the vegetables.  I was amazed!  Then he turned around and asked if I could make it again for supper tomorrow night.  That makes this mama's heart so happy!  The only change I made was to use Italian breadcrumbs instead of the Italian seasoning.  I'll keep doing that, but otherwise, there were no changes I'd want to make whatsoever.  This is going in my "Amy's Favorites" file!  I will make it often.


CROCKPOT DOUBLE SQUASH CASSEROLE
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Food.com)

1-1/2 lbs zucchini
1-1/2 lbs crookneck yellow squash
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Cut squash into 1/2-inch pieces and place in bottom of crockpot.
Sprinkle with seasonings and gently toss.
Dot with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until tender.

No comments: