Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Crockpot All Day Beef Casserole

I'm such a ninny. I didn't realize until after I'd cooked this that it's the same exact recipe as the Gone All Day Casserole that I've been making for years.  The difference is that I always use chicken when I make it.  I didn't even pay attention to the ingredients when I made it.  Oops!  Anyway, since it's the first time I've made it with beef, it is kind of like a new recipe for me, lol.  We did enjoy it.  I left it for the full 8 hours, and the rice was way too mushy.  It does better at about 6 hours, in my opinion.  The flavor is really, really good, though.

CROCKPOT ALL DAY BEEF CASSEROLE
(GetCrocked.com)

1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
2 (4 oz) mushroom, stems and pieces, canned, drained
1 onion, large, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup almonds, slivered
3 beef bouillon cubes
2 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
2 lb steak, round, boneless, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 cup water

1. Transfer ingredients in the order listed to the crock pot; do not stir.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or until rice is tender.
3. Stir before serving.

No comments: