Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cinnamon Honey Bananas ***

This has been pinned on my Pinterest board for ages.  I finally went in to make it, and there's no link there.  Just the picture.  So I searched Google and finally found a site that listed it.  I then later was able to find the original posting as well.  I've listed both links below.  Since I can't take my own food pictures right now (lost the camera that takes the best ones - ugh), I always like to link to a site when I use a picture.  I'm including the recipe from Joyful Kitchen and the original picture with link from Pinterest.

We all tried this and loved it.  It's not sinfully delicious or amazingly decadent, but I have to give it 3 stars based on the ease, simplicity, and health factors, combined with the overall taste.  Yum!  It's surprisingly filling too, even though it's basically just a banana.  It takes all of 2 seconds to throw together.  The kids are always wanting something sweet after supper, and this gives them that without unnecessary sugar.  Plus, the ingredients are always on hand.  It's a no brainer!  We'll be having this one many, many times in the future. :-)

CINNAMON HONEY BANANAS
(Pinterest/BrynAlexandraInteriors and JoyfulKitchenBlog)

1 banana
2 tsp. honey
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon (or to taste)

Slice banana on a cutting board using a paring knife. Place banana slices on a plate. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of honey over banana slices. Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of the banana slices and honey.

No comments: