Monday, November 1, 2010

Crockpot Pork Chops and Stuffing ***

As my 5-year-old said when he was little, "This was dee-hishus!"  I ran through Food.com this morning, looking for something I could easily pick up from the grocery store and throw in the crock on my lunch break.  This was perfect.  As I've mentioned before, sometimes I get a craving for StoveTop, and nothing else will suffice.  The pork chops come out so tender and flavorful.  I made a few changes, as always, but nothing drastic.  I used 10 thawed boneless chops, added an extra 1/4 cup of water, and cooked for 6 hours on low.  I also used onion-mushroom soup mix instead of plain onion and StoveTop cornbread dressing instead of stuffing, since those are my preferences.  It was a little salty, but I just noticed that I used two packets of soup mix when it only called for one.  That explains the saltiness, lol.  Other than that, it was great.  Definitely a keeper for us.

Photo courtesy of Recipezaar

CROCKPOT PORK CHOPS AND STUFFING
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar.com)

8 frozen pork chops
1 package dry onion soup mix
2 boxes Stove Top stuffing mix
4 cups water

Place 2 cups warm water in bottom of crock pot.
Place pork chops in crock pot.
Sprinkle onion soup mix on top of pork chops.
Pour stuffing mix on top and pour water on top of stuffing mix.
Cook on High for 2 hours and then cook on low for about 4 more hours.
Usually the stuffing comes out mushy and moist, just the way my family likes it.
If you don't want to change temps while cooking, just cook on low for 6-8 hours.
*Amy's notes: I used 10 thawed boneless chops, added an extra 1/4 cup of water, and cooked for 6 hours on low.  I also used onion-mushroom soup mix instead of plain onion and StoveTop cornbread dressing instead of stuffing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always trying to find new ways for pork chops. Thanks!