Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sauteed Zucchini **

This was just so-so for us.  DS2 is a butter-holic.  He would eat butter from the tub if I'd let him (don't worry - I don't, lol).  He loved this.  He had 3 helpings of it.  The rest of us just couldn't get into it, though.  The butter flavor was just too over-powering, in my opinion.  I did use dried garlic, instead of fresh, and I'm sure that made a difference.  I liked the combo of the lemon juice and garlic, though.  I think I may try this again, using olive oil instead of the butter, and see if that works for us.  It wasn't bad by any means, and anything that can get either of my kids to eat 3 helpings of veggies deserves a second chance in my book.  :)


Photo courtesy of Recipezaar

SAUTEED ZUCCHINI
Michelle (MMmom)

4 medium zucchini
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp lemon juice (I didn't measure, and probably used more)
Salt and pepper to taste

Rinse zucchini and cut into bite sized chunks. In a hot pan, melt the butter, then add zucchini and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and lemon juice and sauté for 2 minutes more. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, serve. Other vegetables can be used…yellow crook neck squash and carrots work really well.

No comments: