Monday, July 19, 2010

Chicken Marseilles **

This makes a really yummy sauce.  My only complaint was that it made very little sauce.  I ended up adding an extra 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup water, just to make a little more of it.  Next time, I think I'm going to just double some of the sauce ingredients and add a little chicken broth.  We had enough sauce to go on the rice, but it would have been nice to have some for the chicken as well.  Other than that, I have no complaints.  I used chicken breast tenders, since they were on sale, and I think I would do that again.  We're not big fans of chicken breasts in general, so the tenders work a little better for us.  I just had to cut down the cooking time a bit.  I wouldn't be opposed to having it again, since it was pretty good.

CHICKEN MARSEILLES
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

3 tablespoons butter
5-6 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups water
1 (1 ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix (I use Knorr's)
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 cup sour cream

Melt butter in skillet.
Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Stir in 2 cups water, soup mix and dill into skillet and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionallyl for 25-30 minutes until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken to a plate.
Add sour cream to skillet and stir until creamy.
Place chicken over hot brown rice (prepared according to directions) and spoon sour cream sauce over chicken before serving.

No comments: