Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Easy Mac and Cheese Lasagna ***

Tonight was the second time I made this.  The kids were just so-so about it the first time, but they were crazy about it this time.  Just goes to show you how fickle kids are with their favorite foods, lol.  It can change from day to day.  I meant to add veggies to the sauce, but I completely forgot about it when I started cooking.  I think it would be really good with shredded zucchini in it.  I definitely want to give that a shot.  I used skim milk and ground turkey, and I cut back on the butter and cheese.  It was still good with all of the changes.  It's obviously not a healthy meal, lol, but it will do in a pinch, which is what I was in today.  If nothing else, it's always better than McDonald's!  :-)


EASY MAC AND CHEESE LASAGNA
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ Recipezaar)

2 (7 1/4 ounce) packages macaroni and cheese dinner mix
2 1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350* F. Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.
Cook and drain ground beef and mix with spaghetti sauce.
Prepare Macaroni and Cheese using the directions on the box.
Place a layer (exactly half) of Mac and cheese in the baking dish, top with a layer of meat then a layer of cheese. (Repeat).
After the 2 layers are complete, bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Then top with Parm Cheese.
**For meat substitute you can use pre cooked chicken.
**For a complete meatless dish you can use just the spaghetti sauce and leave out all meats.

No comments: