Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chicken Club Pasta Salad ***

Dh and I both loved this one.  The kids were kind of so-so on it.  They liked the noodles, but they didn't care much for the rest of it.  I expected that, though.  They're not fond of any pasta salad that involves anything other than noodles, Ranch dressing, and Parmesan, lol.  The best part of it was that DS2 asked for a bit of avocado as I was cutting them up, and he ended up having me cut up an entire avocado just for him to eat!  Pretty dang cool, if you ask me.  :)
Back to the salad, though.  I used the "real bacon pieces" that are in the salad dressing aisle (by the bacon bits), just because that's what I had on hand.  I love how many veggies are thrown into this thing.  I did end up using quite a bit more dressing that it called for, though.  It was just still too dry after the directed amount.  I used the tri-color pasta, so I don't know if that made a difference.  It was great, though.  It kind of tastes like a pasta made from chicken salad, so it's pretty obvious that I would love it, lol.

CHICKEN CLUB PASTA SALAD
Sandy~Bettyinthekitchen

8 oz corkscrew or spiral pasta
¼ cup mayonnaise
¾ cup Italian dressing
2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
1 cup cubed Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
12 strips crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
1 avocado, cubed
1 cup each chopped celery and green bell pepper
8 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half

Cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions and rinse it with cold water. In a large bowl, pour a small a mount of the Italian dressing into the mayonnaise and whisk to incorporate, then whisk in the remaining dressing. Stir in the pasta and the remaining ingredients.

No comments: