Sunday, August 10, 2014

Slow Cooker Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches ***

The kids and I loved these.  Hubby thought they were just okay.  I put them on the King's Hawaiian buns, which I will absolutely do every time.  YUM.  I took the buns and put them face-up under the broiler, with a slice of Swiss on each.  Then I added the ham afterwards.  So, so, so good.  I didn't do the peppers and onions and dried onions like it says, though.  I just used one of the frozen bags of three pepper and onion blends.  That buys you a little more cook time too, so I got away with 4 hours on low easily.  This is definitely a keeper for us.


SLOW COOKER HAM AND PINEAPPLE SANDWICHES
(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy ~ SixSistersStuff)

2 lbs ham, fully cooked and cut into small pieces
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup onions, minced
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon dried minced onion

Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or until completely heated through. Serve by scooping sandwich filling on a large hamburger bun (or bun of your choice). Makes about 10-12 sandwiches.
To make these even yummier, I threw some Swiss cheese on top of the ham and put them under the broiler in the oven for a minute or two (until the cheese was nice and melted). It was amazing.

No comments: